Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vigilant Mother Bird


The other day my girls told me there was a mother bird in my neighbors tree sitting on her eggs. I went over an admired her and couldn't believe how still she was as we approached. The tree in which she sat was eye level to me. Now mind you, this sweet brave mother bird was in the back yard of some very sweet, yet active boys, and although we were trying to not scare her we walked up talking pretty loudly. Yet, she stayed her ground and sat her nest. Interestingly enough, this dove will sit on her nest for 14 days only shifting positions never leaving her young. It was such an example in nature to me of a wonderful God honoring characteristic of godly mothers -- protecting their young. I think it's amazing that God creates such examples in nature. Does He do so to encourage us to be brave mothers and protect our young? I don't know but it was inspiring to me to follow this little birds example.

No comments:

Post a Comment