Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another Visit to More Dear Friends

While I lived in Virginia I had the joy of worshiping at New Hope Presbyterian Church in Fairfax, VA.  Jennie and Dave Coffin would extend very warm hospitality to me and that hospitality turned to friendship.  It was a great pleasure to have my kids spend time with these two dear saints and to be in their fellowship again.  If you click on the link above, Pastor Coffin has some very useful resources on his site. We were talking about how people leave an indelible mark on you.  The Coffins taught me to seek to render the judgment of charity at all turns, to warmly show hospitality and to observe the sabbath -- just to name a few. I am so grateful God put them in my life.


 
Jennie, as some of you know, is a wonderful potter and made me my original dishes when we first got married, and has made me a second set since over the past 15 years many of the first set sadly broke.  Take a look at Jennie's pottery She ships anywhere and her work is truly beautiful.  Her mugs feel incredibly comfortable in your hand when you sip on your coffee in the a.m .  She does wedding registration and special orders too.  Design your own plates, etc.   She showed us some of the tools of her trade.
 
 
 
 
 
Jennie has a very fascinating collection of brushes she uses.  The hair on the brushes are made of all different sorts of things.  One even uses human hair (that of a child).
 

 
To put a cherry on top of the whole time in the D.C. area, the Lord provided a beautiful snow storm (the first for Virginia, and Delaware this year).  Just enough to make it beautiful and yet little enough to safely make our way home.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment